he following packaging regulations are an integral part of our general conditions of purchase.
- Each carton, package or pallet is to be labelled in the following way:
a) Name of product
b) ASM item number
d) Batch number
e) ASM order number
f) Information about weight: gross, net and tare
g) If available details of expiry dates or dates for reanalysis
h) If applicable the storage temperature or any other information concerning storage
- The cartons are to be sealed neatly
- Placing the cartons onto pallets has to take place in such a way that the cartons do not stick out over the side. Edge protection can be used as an additional protection against damage.
- Each pallet is to be provided with stretch wrap and pallet wrap.
- The pallets (returnable or non-returnable) must comply with the currently valid ISPM standards (currently ISPM no 15). Only heat treated pallets (HT) may be used. Pallets treated with methyl bromide are not accepted. The following sizes are acceptable:
a) 1200 x 800 mm per pallet, standard
b) 1200 x 1000 mm only following consultation
- The height of the pallet may not exceed 2.1 metres.
- The total weight of the pallet may not exceed 500 kg.
- If the cartons do not permit it, then a warning must be placed onto the pallet saying that it should not be stacked.
Products for pharmaceutical manufacturing (mentioned in the order) )
- A warning is to be affixed stating that the cartons or packages may not be opened without the agreement of ASM (contamination).
- The goods are to be delivered in a sealable plastic bag in a robust cardboard box.
- Aerosol cans are to be stored upside down and are to be provided with a layer of plastic to separate them. Intervening layers of cardboard are not necessary.
- Deliveries that do not comply with the regulations given above will not generally be accepted. If an exception is agreed and the deliveries are accepted then the supplier will be invoiced for any extra work and expense which becomes necessary for the storage of the goods.